Georgia & Palmer

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Nightmares

It seems almost every TV show I've seen since giving birth to you has involved some kind of injured or murdered baby. But it wasn't until I got my beloved People Magazine last week that I began having nightmares. The story was about twin boys who have some horrible heart condition. One of them received a transplant and the story ends. What I couldn't get over was the sidebar detailing where he got his new heart. Apparently the donor heart came from a 4-month-old who was accidentially smothered by a pillow during nap time.

I knew as I read the article that I shouldn't have been reading the article, but I couldn't tear myself away from it. Thus followed two nights of waking up in a panic to check on you. I seem to have moved past the nightmares with only a few short-term side effects (a cranky disposition for a few days and a sore backside from hours of sitting in your rocking chair watching you sleep), but I can't help but think this is just the first of several nightmare episodes I'll have about you.

Why can't People Magazine just focus on the important stories, like an in-depth investigative report on why Nick and Jessica split?

2 Comments:

  • Totally. I made the mistake of watching the bird flu movie. I am now more frightened than ever of made-for-TV movies. I fear for my child.

    By Blogger Carrie, at 2:04 PM  

  • Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home