Georgia & Palmer

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Phases



I try really hard not to wish away your littleness. It's so easy to think to myself "I can't wait until..." or "things will be so much easier when...." Instead, I try to remember that you'll only be my sweet, soft, cuddly little baby boy once. Before I know it I'll be wondering where the time went (grown ups do this a lot).

However, there is one phase that I absolutely CANNOT wait for you to outgrow: overnight feedings. I am SO tired! I don't mean tired like "oh, it sure would be nice if I could catch a few zzzz's while you take your afternoon nap." I mean tired like "should I be driving?" or "do I have a brain tumor or a terminal headache?" or "maybe the reason I've been sick this ENTIRE year is because I haven't slept more than four hours in a row since you were born."

I realize you are a growing boy and that you need to eat. And getting up with you once in the night isn't all that bad. But this four to five times a night MUST stop. I promise that you will experience a much higher quality of life if mommy gets some sleep. I'll have more energy to take you fun places, do laundry so you have clean clothes to wear, vacuum so you don't have to play on fur-covered carpets, and other activities that I'm too tired to remember right now.

2 Comments:

  • I think babies are really hard. I feel really bad thinking so, but I think I'm a much bigger fan of having a 2 year old than a 3 month old. Obviously they're both degrees of awesome, but I guess I think a 2 year old is a lot easier.

    By Blogger Greg, at 7:30 PM  

  • I always tell new moms that when babies start sleeping through the night - life, as you know it, changes! I'm sure you experienced this with Georgia but hang in there. :)

    Take care,
    Kara

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home