Georgia & Palmer

Monday, April 14, 2008

I Was A Good Mom Today



I wish I could say this every day, but since I can't I'd like to pat myself on the back.

Today wasn't a very easy day, but I think I handled myself pretty well. I could tell Georgia's two-ness was eager to rear its ugly head several times this morning. But a little patience helped us both get through a couple of sticky situations that could have resulted in tantrums.

When Lifetime Fitness decided to test its fire alarm system during my workout today, thereby scaring the living daylights out of you two, I walked right up to the member services desk (after finally calming you both) and berated them for frightening you and all the other children in the nursery (the place is open 24 hours, so the system could easily be tested overnight when the nursery is closed). This may not seem like a big deal, but I'm not one to stir the pot, so sticking up for my children was a pretty big accomplishment for me.

But the most reassuring part of the day was when my sweet boy was diagnosed with his first ear infection. Sounds a little strange, I know. The reassuring part wasn't the fact that you have an ear infection, but that I had a hunch you had an ear infection and it turns out that's precisely what the problem was (although I suspected the wrong ear). One interesting note about today's diagnosis...you were cranky, clingy and wouldn't sleep before the diagnosis. You were even fussy while we waited to see the doctor. But once it was announced that your little ear was infected, everything with you was fine. We had to wait 45 minutes for your RX and you were giggling and pleasant the whole time. It's strange, but it's almost like you knew relief was coming.

So that was my good mom day. I didn't save any lives or feed hundreds of starving children in Africa. I didn't make any difference in the world at large, but I think I made a difference in your little worlds. And that's all I really care about right now.

1 Comments:

  • Congrats on a great day! As a mom of two under age two-and-one-half, you need to bask in your victories (no matter how small). Because tomorrow is another day ...

    By Blogger Erin, at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home