Georgia & Palmer

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Conversations with Georgia - This One's for Pops

You have come up with some seriously challenging questions lately. You're also really good at follow-up questions. Just when I think I've successfully fumbled my way through a response, you come up with another question. It's very humbling.

For example, at the pool today...

Georgia: Look, mommy, I'm swimming like a baby!
Mommy: But you're not a baby.
G: Nooooo. I used to be a baby.
M: Do you know who else used to be a baby?
G: You!
M: Yep, me. But guess who else used to be a baby? Pops.
G: Pops was never a baby!
M: Oh, yes, he was.
G: Was he a baby after you?
M: No, he was a baby before I was a baby.
G: (pauses to think things over) Was Pops the first baby ever?
M: No, there were lots of babies before Pops.
G: (another thoughtful pause) When was Pops born?
M: He was born in the 1940s.
G: (pause) Is Pops the oldest person in the whole entire world?
M: No, he's just the oldest person you know.
Palmer: Yeah he dus de odest perdon you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home