Georgia & Palmer

Saturday, February 04, 2006

2 Days And Counting

With Georgia's birth scheduled for Monday, I've been thinking about how things are going to change. We know our lives are going to change quite a bit, our priorities, our sleeping patterns, our amount of disposable income, etc. But today I've been thinking about the way I'm going to change physically and the things I'm looking forward to post pregnancy:

1. Tying my shoes
2. Seeing my feet
3. Bending over to pick things up
4. Drinking a glass of wine
5. Being able to fit in a booth at a restaurant
6. Weighing less than my husband
7. Being able to walk up a single flight of stairs without losing my breath
8. Feeling my fingertips
9. Fitting back into my shoes (and clothes after a bit)
10. Sleeping on my back
11. Being able to drink water without getting indigestion
12. Recognizing my belly button


Despite the discomfort of the past several months, and the 18 weeks of severe morning sickness, it will all be worth it. We haven't even met you yet and we know it was all worth it.

1 Comments:

  • Hi baby Georgia! Welcome to the world. We're all very glad you're here, and can't wait to meet you.

    You're a very lucky little girl, you're a special part of a great and loving family. I'm very proud of your mother (don't tell her I said that), and your dad's pretty cool too (again, our secret). They are both wonderful people who will love you with all of their big hearts, but you'll figure all of that out on your own.

    Your cousins Max, Maddie and Alex are very excited to see you, and have been talking about you since we visited your house over Thanksgiving (you were there, but might not remember). Aunt Sarah is so happy that you're birthday is only one day away from hers, and can't wait to hold you. As for me, you already make me smile, because I know that you are such a blessing to your parents, and that you will bring so much happiness to them and your extended family here in KC. I know it's your first time being a baby, it's my first time being an uncle too, so we'll have to help each other figure all of that out together.

    Sorry for the long message little one, now get some sleep. Tell your mom and dad I said 'hi', 'congratulations', and that I'm very happy for them. As for you, tell your mommy to give you a sweet kiss on the forehead from your favorite uncle. And if she tells you thats too presumptuous of me, spit up on her!

    All my love,
    Uncle Derek
    (and Aunt Sarah, Max, Maddie and Alex in KC)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home