Georgia & Palmer

Friday, April 14, 2006

2-Month Check-Up

I've never heard you scream before today. It was absolutely horrifying to hold you down as you cried while the nurse administered your shots. It was even worse later this afternoon when you screamed in agony for nearly an hour. I never determined what you were so upset about, but I assume it had something to do with the five immunizations you got this morning.

I know it's important for you to be immunized, I just don't understand why it has to be so painful for you (and, therefore, painful for me). Why can't they make immunizations in liquid form so they could be squeezed into your mouth like baby Tylenol? Or better yet, why not make them into those little dissovable strips like Listerine? You could ward off polio and halitosis at the same time.

The good news is that you're developmentally A-OK. You are now 12 pounds 2 ounces and 23.75 inches long. I think you may be tall enough to enter your height on the growth chart in your room.

The bad news is that you go back for another round of shots in two months. It may take that long for me to get over this round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home