Georgia & Palmer

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Instant Friends



I've been wishing for this your entire life! Let me explain...Jessie is the four-year-old daughter of one of my greatest friends, Carol. She and her parents used to live in Austin but moved away right about the time you were born. They recently moved back to Austin, and my dream of the two of you being able to play together has been realized.

Jessie hung out with us while her mommy and daddy unpacked their house. It was the first time you two had played together, and I was a little nervous that you wouldn't get along. My fears were squashed the second Jessie walked in our front door. She walked right up to you and started playing. You were instantly smitten with her, and I couldn't help but tear up while watching you two play together.

It was also the first time I've seen you play "with" someone. You usually play "near" someone, but you were actually interacting with Jessie. I guess you've grown past the stage of parallel play. Watching and listening to the two of you play is such a hoot. You two played upstairs while I made lunch. All I could hear were running footsteps, lots of giggles and a few friendly collisions. It was such a wonderful day for both of us.

While you and Jessie play like best friends, you fight like sisters. Jessie was upset when you were holding a tape of hers at her house last week. Instead of just handing it over to her, you slowly stuck your tongue out and licked it! I remember the whole thing in slow motion and could see your mind working out the most maddening response to Jessie's request that you return her tape. Jessie's mommy and I had to swallow our laughs as we tried to convince the two of you to share.

I can tell you and Jessie are going to be great buddies. You talk about her everyday, and we remember her in your nighttime prayers (when you sit still long enough to say them).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home