Georgia & Palmer

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cheaper Than Divorce*

As much as we love spending every waking (and sometimes sleeping) moment with the two of you, we feel it is important for the two of us to spend time alone being Tyler and Olivia instead of daddy and mommy. So when we recently found ourselves arguing about silly things, we decided it was time for a getaway. And what better place to getaway to than fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada?

You two stayed at Jana and Stephen’s while your daddy and I stayed at New York New York hotel on the Las Vegas strip. We had SO MUCH FUN relaxing, gambling, eating without disruption, sleeping through the night, gambling, lounging poolside, shopping and gambling.

View from our hotel room.


I think my favorite part of our trip was watching the fountains at the Bellagio. It’s one of those attractions I always see in movies, but I finally got to see it for myself. It was so cool! Your daddy’s favorite part was when we played Blackjack next to a world-famous cage fighter. Your daddy almost won a poker tournament, too. He got 4th place out of 60 players and knocked-out three players who have played in the World Series of Poker. It’s true.

Watching the fountains at The Bellagio


Posing in front of some random fountain


The roller coaster weaves around the hotel, even through the pool area


Your daddy riding the coaster


and lounging pool side


We were so excited to see you two when we got home. Palmer was napping when we got home, but when you woke up I hugged you like I hadn’t seen you in years. I love how you just melt into me sometimes. Your big sister was at school, and when your daddy went to pick her up, she squealed and ran up to him to hug him. When she got home she gave me whole body hugs, the kind where her arms and legs were wrapped so tightly around me that I could have let go and she wouldn’t have budged.

I’m still feeling relaxed a week later. I feel like the trip was wonderful for your daddy and me, and I think I’m much more patient and understanding with the two of you.

*Daddy’s note: we’re not really going to divorce; it’s just funny to say

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home