Georgia & Palmer

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Little General



Every morning we hear you calling for us over your monitor, and as we head to your room to open the door, we have visions of you running to us arms open wide full of “good morning” hugs and smiles and kisses.

But every morning we open the door to you impatiently perched behind the door waiting for us to come get you. You stare up at us and declare straight faced “I need waffle, syrup, ice wah wah.” No kisses or hugs. No “good morning mommy and daddy.” Just demands. So we head downstairs with our orders and start the day.

Thus your new nickname: The Little General.

Last month when our friends Tom and Ellen visited they got the biggest kick out of this routine. Tom is a creative sort and wrote a little song about you called “Waffle, Syrup, Ice Water.” If I were more technologically inclined I would know how to link a song from iTunes to your blog. But since I’m not, the lyrics will have to do.

Heard you call from the other room
I said I'd be right there
A picturesque moment is what I planned
Wake you up and brush your hair
I cracked my eyes to your precious voice
And arose from my bed
I ran across the hall and opened your door
This is what you said:

WAFFLES, SYRUP, ICE WATER

I stood at attention to the general
Who barked the orders to me
Here is my cup and two more things
Will make my morning complete
I had my orders, I was on my way
It's high time you be fed
I grabbed you up and took you downstairs
And this is what you said:

WAFFLES, SYRUP, ICE WATER

Georgia, I feel so close to home
Georgia, I've discovered the unknown

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home