Georgia & Palmer

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Project Runway

I'm not the most fashionable gal. I'm more the shorts and t-shirt type. Most days I run around town unshowered with no make-up and my hair in a pony tail.

Which is probably why I so desperately want you to want to dress nicely and wear lacy socks with pretty shoes and little bows in your hair. This morning you threw a fit because I wanted you to wear a dress. I have always told myself that when my children started picking out what they wanted to wear, that I would let them wear it, no matter how hideous. It sounds very possible in theory, but I find it more difficult in practice.

Can I really let you go out in brightly colored vertical striped shorts and an autumn colored horizontal striped shirt? But then again, can I really look into those excited eyes and tell you "no" about something so trivial?

So I'll let you wear these hideous getups, fearing that disallowing would mean years of therapy down the road. But can I at least put bows in your hair?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home