Georgia & Palmer

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Months Of Development Milestones Compressed Into One Amazing Day

I don’t know if the stars aligned just right or what, but today you have grown leaps and bounds in your development. Here’s how:

- You ate. May not seem like a huge deal, but you don’t typically eat much and rely on formula for the bulk of your nutrition. Tonight you sat in your high chair for 30 minutes stuffing spiral macaroni into your mouth. We’re crossing our fingers that you’ll sleep through the night.

- You drank from a sippy cup almost exclusively. I’m determined to get you off the bottle by Christmas.

- You walked behind your walker. Usually you stand up behind your walker and fall on your face because the walker moves and your feet don’t. Tonight you took your first (very slow) steps alone with the walker. You grinned and giggled and spent nearly an hour pushing the walker back and forth in the living room. You thought it was hilarious that you could ram your walker into sister.

- You climbed all the stairs. I’ve found that I can leave you downstairs to roam while I go upstairs for a few minutes to clean up, do laundry, etc. I nearly fell over when I walked out of my bedroom to see you sitting at the top of the steps. Your daddy carried you back downstairs where we watched you climb them again.

All of this is very exciting and scary and a little sad. As much as I want you to walk, I want you to be a baby, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home