Georgia & Palmer

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Resolved

We spent five weeks in KC at the end of the year. I got to see lots of friends that I don’t get to see often and catch up with them. It made me realize that I’m not a very good friend, especially to friends who live out of town. I just don’t seem to have enough time to do everything that needs to be done and keep up with my friends.

I have some of the most amazing friends. Many of them are stay at home moms like me, but they take their babies to swim lessons and dance classes and story time. I have other friends who work full time, then come home to take care of their kids and they still have time to keep in touch. I guess I’m kind of a hybrid. I stay at home with my children, but I help out with the photography business and manage our personal and business finances. After finishing everything that has to be done, I typically crash.

So I decided this year that I was going to resolve to be a better friend. Write more letters, send more e-mails, call more often, get together regularly. But when I sat down to figure out how I was going to find the time to be a better friend, I realized I was going to have to amend my resolution.

Fact is, you two have to be my priority. And I’m (more than)okay with that. As frustrating as it is that I don’t get to see my friends as much as I’d like, I’d regret missing out on your littleness. So I have resolved to be a better friend when I can. I may not get to grab a drink with the girls as often as I'd like, but someday you’ll be big and won’t need me and I’ll have plenty of time for friends then.

Funny thing is, we'll probably sit around drinking and talking about how wonderful things were when all our children were little.

3 Comments:

  • Olivia, thanks for being such a good friend. Seriously, you are way better at keeping in touch regularly than you think. Your calls and emails mean so much-even if some go unanswered. Your post is actually inspiring me to do the same. It is something that I have to make the effort to do because I need all my ladies to know how much they mean to me.

    By Blogger Greg, at 8:34 AM  

  • Um. Yeah, the above comment was clearly from Kelsey. Sorry, just happens from time to time when you share a laptop with your blogger husband.

    By Blogger Kelsey, at 8:39 AM  

  • I hear you on this one sister! And, I think you're doing a great job!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home