Georgia & Palmer

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Gluttony

I often wonder if we should cancel our cleaning service. My mom never had a cleaning service. My grandmother never had a cleaning service. So why is it that I “need” one? I’m sure there are better ways to spend $140 a month (like on college funds or car repairs or liposuction).

But then Claudia arrives every other Wednesday. She does miraculous things with Ajax and Pine Sol and Scrubbing Bubbles. She speaks Spanish to my children and teaches them how to clean the bath tub. And when she leaves the toilets are clean, the dust is gone from the blinds and there are no more Goldfish crackers crushed into my aging carpet.

And for twenty minutes my house is blissfully clean!

1 Comments:

  • Olivia- I'm one of Tyler's brides from 2 years ago. Would you mind emailing me the name and number of your cleaner? mslisahoyt@gmail.com

    Thanks!
    Lisa

    By Blogger Lisa, at 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home