Georgia & Palmer

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Home Sick From School

Today you had your first official illness, so we decided it would be best for you and the other kids at school if we kept you home.

You've been allergic for the past couple of weeks (i.e. sneezy, itchy eyes, runny nose), but over the weekend you developed a cough that worsened this week. We took you in to see Dr. Patil this morning and it turns out you have severe allergies, mild wheezing and the beginnings of a nice red ear infection.

You're on so many medications that I had to make a little spreadsheet to check off when we give you each dose. After only one round of Amoxicillin (for your ear infection), Zyrtec (for your allergies) and Albuterol (for the wheezing/asthma symptoms) you seem to be feeling much better. I don't think I have ever been on so many prescription drugs at the same time, so it makes me a little nervous to have you so medicated. I guess this is one of those times where I have to trust that Dr. Patil knows better than I do.

Although it's horrible to see you feeling icky, we're pretty proud that you made it almost 8 months without a major illness.

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for letting us know! I hope she feels better. :(

    By Blogger susanna, at 3:30 PM  

  • Yes! She returned to school today. Still has a slight runny nose and cough, but she's looking forward to Parker's birthday party tomorrow.

    By Blogger Olivia, at 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home