Georgia & Palmer

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Attention Guests

I usually write to my children here, but we’ve received so many sweet notes from friends and clients who follow this blog that I wanted to dedicate a post to our visitors.

I get a lot of joy out of keeping this blog and I’m glad to hear that you enjoy it, too. I often scroll through past entries to re-read what was going on at different times of the year and different stages of development. I get so excited when I see we have comments. I love to hear that other parents are experiencing the same things (or not) with their little ones.

I’ve gotten into the habit of following many of your blogs, as well. My mom is always telling me how her friends ask about me and wonder how I’m doing, how Tyler is doing, how our kids are doing, etc. I’ve always figured that her friends were just being nice by asking, but now I think they’re genuinely interested. Here’s why: I saw Laney and her daddy at Aiden’s birthday party a couple of weeks ago. We don’t get to see them much, but I follow Laney’s blog religiously and feel like we’re buddies. I realized she barely knows me when I started asking her about activities I’d read about her doing on her blog. I recognized the annoyed look she gave me, knowing that I had given that same look to countless of my parents’ friends over the years. It’s like confused annoyance meets distracted kindness. Like you know you’re supposed to be nice to this practical stranger because they’re your parents’ friend, but you’d really rather eat birthday cake with your friends in the other room. It was all very cute and pathetic (Laney being the cute part, my realization that I’m getting old being the pathetic).

But most of all I want to say “thank you.” As many of you know I had a difficult pregnancy with multiple ER visits and one particularly lonely hospital admission. I spent much of the year lying in bed (when I wasn’t getting sick) and one of my favorite things to do was to check in on my friends via their blogs. Your stories and photos really kept my spirits up when I was feeling down and were the highlight of my day.

So thanks, again, for visiting and for thinking our kids are as great as we think they are.

5 Comments:

  • Awww, I'm glad you like our blog! Thanks for reading it. We really love yours, too. Sorry Laney gave you a weird look. From what I heard about that party, she spent most of it trying to convince Adam to let her eat a candy cane, so that was probably what was on her mind, there (the distracted part, I mean). xoxoxox

    By Blogger Maggie, at 3:50 PM  

  • Your kids ARE great. Now please post some Xmas pics, stat.

    By Blogger Kelsey, at 8:56 AM  

  • :) Of course we think your kids are wonderful - as are you! :)

    XOXO,
    Kara

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:02 AM  

  • Christmas pix are coming...we're finding we have less time with two kiddos to post.

    By Blogger Olivia, at 12:55 PM  

  • I may not have my own blog, but I certainly enjoy following yours...especially now that we live a bit further. Lots of love, Becca

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home