Georgia & Palmer

Thursday, February 12, 2009

3y Check

height: 39" - 90%
weight: 34# - 75%
bmi: 15.5 - 25%

Your three year check-up was very different from any of your other well checks. First of all, they calculated your BMI, which I assume is in response to the growing number of obese children. You're fine.

Usually Dr. Patil checks your ears and everything and then talks to me about milestones and concerns. This trip you and she talked about colors and shapes, you drew her a happy face (complete with hair and eyebrows), showed her how you can walk and jump and stand on one foot. It was a little odd for me to sit in a chair and just watch.

You also had to pee in a cup. It kind of freaked you out at first, but after several bribes you finally allowed me to hold the cup while you peed. I can't believe you did it. Yes, you peed on my hand a little bit, but they have anti-microbial soap so I think I'm ok.

Dr. Patil mentioned that you are "pretty headstrong" which I took to mean that you can be demanding. True. I think a lot of it is manners (don't interrupt, don't throw fits when mommy says "no," speak to the doctor when she asks you questions, etc.). We've been working on manners quite a bit lately. You generally remember to say "please," but aren't as adept at "thank you." Part of it also has to do with me learning how to communicate in a way that you can understand. Of course you're going to argue when I say you can't have a cupcake before dinner, but if I explain why you're a little less upset. At least that's the theory we're testing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home