Georgia & Palmer

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Who Is This Big Girl And Where Is My Little Baby?

We looked at you after dressing you for school today and noticed that you look like a little girl. You had khaki shorts on, a t-shirt and your pink Vans and you didn't look a thing like our little baby. You seem to grow up so much everyday. Yesterday you learned how to say "no." That brings your total number of words known to four: "no," "mama," "dada," and "bababadaguhawa," whatever that means.

I think we've reached the fit-throwing age, which is quite unpleasant. All you ever want to do is play outside. You'll grab my keys from the coffee table and carry them to the front door where you pound on it and whine until we let you out. Distractions aren't as effective these days, so it's hard to divert your attention when you get on your little "nature girl" kicks.

We've been working with you to learn your body parts, and it turns out they're teaching the same at day care these days. After more than a week of asking you "where's your belly?" today you finally pointed to your tummy! It was so cool. You also pointed at your nose once when I asked, but only once so we're not sure if you actually know your nose yet. You point to Pancho when we ask you where he is, as well as Lefty, mama, dada, and some other things that I can't remember right now.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon at the hospital because your younger brother or sister is trying to kill me. While I spent a couple of hours getting fluids and anti-nausea medications pumped into my veins, you and your daddy took an impromptu tour of North Austin Medical Center. You enjoyed the elevators and the rotunda area where you could pound you palms on the glass and look down to the bottom floor. We're hoping we don't have another emergency hospital field trip anytime soon.

3 Comments:

  • Holy cow, Olivia! I'm so sorry you're feeling so rotten. Do you need anything?! If you guys ever want us to watch Georgia, just let me know. I know Laney would love to play with her!

    By Blogger Maggie, at 8:23 AM  

  • Wow, sibling rivalry starts early - I know I was always trying to outdo my big sister, but that's ridiculous! I hope you feel better. Let us know if we can do anything to help y'all out...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 AM  

  • Oh, Olivia!! I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy!! I hope it "passes" soon - or at least gets more bearable!

    I can't believe Georgia is so BIG!!

    That makes me wonder... will you change the title of your blog?

    Give Georgia a smooch from me!!

    Kara

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home