Georgia & Palmer

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Hearty Laugh

This was the response I received from my doctor today when I casually asked her, "If you're not doing anything this afternoon, how'd you like to deliver my baby?" We've still got four weeks until your scheduled due date, but I'm not holding out any hope for an early delivery. At today's 36-week visit doc says I'm one centimeter dilated, which may seem like progress, but it turns out some women walk around for weeks nearly half dilated without delivering.

I can tell you're sitting much lower in my belly. I can breathe better, but the added pressure on my bladder results in more trips to the potty. I also gained 15 pounds in the past three weeks, so I'm increasingly clumsy as I get used to the sudden added weight. My hips are definitely wider. I can't fit in Georgia's barcalounger anymore. I'm having frequent headaches, leg cramps at night, back pain, hot flashes, mood swings and I'm often exhausted or virtually manic with an uncontrollable need to clean the house. Last week was really tough, but this week seems to be significantly better. I think the cooler weather and Claritin has a lot to do with it.

So if you couldn't tell from the above rant, I'm ready for you to come (and ready to have my body back).

2 Comments:

  • Holy moly - four weeks??!! Oh, Olivia - so exciting! I can't wait to see the little bundle. :)

    Are you visiting soon?? We'd be happy to take Georgia "off your hands" so you can concentrate on the baby. Yep - we're cool like that. No need to thank me. :)

    Take care,
    Kara

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:00 PM  

  • No plans for a trip home just yet. We're kind of waiting to see what kind of baby we get. We ordered a perfect angel, but we may get a fussy pants. We'll keep you posted. Until then, feel free to pack up your brood for a trip down here!

    By Blogger Olivia, at 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home