Georgia & Palmer

Friday, March 28, 2008

Evening Bath Cut Short By Unexpected Baby Leak

"Bebe Pahmer poddy juhjuh baf updair." Translation: "Baby Palmer (went) potty (in) Georgia's bath upstairs." THis is the longest sentence you've said to date, and I am so impressed.

I love to listen to you. Let me rephrase...I love to listen to you when you're not whining. For some reason you think that speaking in loud, glass breakingly high pitches will get you what you want. I will admit that it's tempting to give in to your demands just to quiet you. But the books all say that that only leads to more whining. I really shouldn't complain because I was an expert whiner. I guess this is payback.

Size these days is, to you, familial. Trucks are daddy trucks (or big daddy trucks), little cars are baby cars, etc. You're also very concerned about the location of mommies and daddies. Your current favorite book is "Giggle, Giggle, Quack" and everytime you see a picture of the trouble making duck you inquire about the location of its parents. This poses two problems for me: one, the duck is on every page of the book, so you ask the question with every turn of the page. Two, the duck's mommy and daddy don't appear in the book, so there's never an answer to your question. I spend most of the book making up places where the duck's mommy and daddy are hiding: in the barn, in the field, etc.

You've become quite the singer lately. You're constantly singing "ABCDs" ("ABCDEFG, next time won't you sing with me?" is the abridged version), Where Is Thumbkin, and the Bumble Bee song. Sometimes we'll be quitely driving along and you'll say "I need more." So I ask "need more what?" to which you respond "I need more ABCDs" very matter of factly. You love BINGO and call it "BINGO Jump" because you like to jump up and down when I sing it to you.

You're so eager for your baby brother to grow up and play with you. You're still rough with him and you hit him a lot, but we're learning to read your mind and catch you before you smack him (sometimes). Today Palmer was lying on your bed and you decided you wanted him to be on the floor. So you grabbed his foot and started pulling him off the bed. Luckily your daddy caught him mid tumble before he face planted on the floor. That's the closest call we've had to date to an ER visit for Palmer.

1 Comments:

  • I was interested to read your blog. As a parent you may be interested in being part of a university study I'm involved with. It’s about how infants and children develop. It wouldn’t take much of your time, and it’s a great way to contribute to knowledge by reporting on your own experiences. For more details go to the following address after copying it into your browser window, www.babyplaystudy.org. Best wishes,Melissa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home