Georgia & Palmer

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Magic Jana

I'm not sure why we've never blogged about Jana, but I figure it's about time since she's been watching you for your entire lives. Jana is one of our former brides and has a ton of experience with babies and kids. We love her and trust her completely. You and Palmer absolutely adore her! She's become like a member of the family and we consider her more of a partner in parenting than a babysitter.

We call Jana "Magic Jana" because when you are with her you eat vegetables and your brother sleeps through the night. It's amazing the things you'll do for her that you won't do for us.

You stayed with Jana (and her equally wonderful husband, Stephen) when your brother was born, and Palmer stayed with them when you had the flu. She was indescribably generous this weekend and offered to keep you overnight so your daddy and I could have a day sans children.

You would think that we would have spent our alone time doing fun stuff, but we decided to tackle our ever-growing list of things to do around the house. So, instead of laying around watching movies and doing little else, we patched a couple of holes in the living room wall, power washed the back porch and stained the fence. Not exactly how I would have preferred to spend my day, but it feels really good to get three big things off our to do list.

Jana returned you to us happy, smiling and cleaner than you left. Here are some photos of Jana and Stephen from your birthday party this past February.


3 Comments:

  • I'm so jealous. :(

    Okay - really - we're going to pick a date to come visit. Can't wait!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:37 PM  

  • I've heard about this wonderful woman for years. I'm jealous, too.

    By Blogger Kelsey, at 8:29 AM  

  • Hi, Jana sent me the link to this post, she thought I would enjoy it since I used to babysit her. I am now married with 2 little girls and sure wish she lived closer!!! If she tells you that I let her and Derek drive, don't believe her... I only let them steer. Sitting for them was so much fun, I just love their whole family. You and your children are so lucky to have her!

    Sincerely, Kori Wainscott

    By Blogger Sunny Day Tag Girl, at 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home