Georgia & Palmer

Thursday, January 10, 2008

2m Stats

Height: 24" (75-90%) - 1/4" taller than Georgia at this age
Weight: 11 lbs. 12.8 oz (50-75%)

Since your 8 week birthday fell the week of Christmas, you had your two month check up at 9 weeks. Doc says you're strong and healthy, but she was a little concerned about your breathing. You sound a little crunchy when you breathe sometimes, so she's going to monitor it over your next few visits. I think you just need to learn to cough more, but it could be something more serious.

You are much more alert these days and require more stimulation. Luckily you have a big sister that you absolutely adore. You love watching her (don't love her holding you so much). I admit she's pretty entertaining. Luckily for us the feeling is mutual. The first thing your big sister says when she wakes up is "baby." She still steals your binkies, but she's getting a little better about being gentle with you, and I don't notice as much jealousy from her when I hold you.

You are VERY smiley and we have little conversations when I hold you on my lap. You don't coo so much as grunt, but I like the company all the same. You are so cute when you smile! You smile with your whole face. Your eyes light up and you sit up a little straighter. It's so sweet to see that gummy grin staring back at me.

You finally started nursing at seven weeks, so I don't have to pump near as often. Thank you. It makes nighttime feedings much easier. You're not sleeping through the night yet, but you have finally become comfortable falling asleep in your bassinet. You still prefer sleeping in bed with me.

You are incredibly curious and I am constantly challenged to find things to stimulate you. I think you'll enjoy life a lot more when you're stronger and more coordinated. You want so badly to be able to do things, and you get frustrated with the limited positions you can be placed in. It's funny to watch you try to grab or hit one of your toys. You get really focused, scrunching your eyes and creasing that little spot above your nose. Sometimes you even purse your lips. I guess that helps you concentrate.

We are still madly in love with you. Actually, I'm certain we love you more now than ever. We're really enjoying you and looking forward to watching you grow and play with your big sister.

2 Comments:

  • What a beautiful post. I can't wait to see you two later this afternoon.

    By Blogger abares, at 10:08 AM  

  • What a doll - Oh, I can't WAIT until the end of the month!! :)

    XOXO,
    Kara

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home