Georgia & Palmer

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Motherhood Revelation

So I'm not sure why I haven't figured this out before now, but I think for me the most beneficial realization I've come to lately is that I need to expect less from myself.

I've always been a list maker. I enjoy making "to do" lists and then marking through tasks as I complete them. I even like to add tasks that are already done just so I can get the satisfaction of marking through them. But as a mommy and primary caretaker for two little ones, I'm often interrupted midway through my tasks. Things like laundry and housework take at least twice as long, so items on my list end up staying there a lot longer.

For instance: college fund. Your daddy began researching college funds approximately twelve seconds after I told him I was pregnant with Georgia. "College fund" has been an action item on my to do list ever since. Hard to believe it's been there for nearly three years, but I'm determined to get it off my list by the end of this week. It will be a huge accomplishment and an even bigger relief that we've at least started to pay for one of the most expensive aspects of your upbringing.

So I've decided that I can't get frustrated that my list of to do's continues to grow because the most important thing I have to do right now is to enjoy you two. Getting to empty the dishwasher or pay the bills is just a bonus.

2 Comments:

  • I had to catch up - I hadnt been on in awhile. You are so lucky and the great thing about you, is that YOU know that! Your kids are beautiful and you look so hot with your new cute bob! Love it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:54 PM  

  • Thank you for this post. I need to remind myself of this daily.

    By Blogger abares, at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home